Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

another post about ...buttons

I have to admit that I have developed a deep appreciation for YouTube.  Yes, I know there is a whole lot of junk (and likely inappropriate material) on YouTube, but there is also a great deal of interesting and useful information that can be found.  I have learned lots of interesting crafting techniques and even helpful hints on home repair.


One of my latest favorite channels to watch on YouTube is Creations with Christina.  In one of Christina's recent videos she demonstrated using molds with Fimo/Sculpty clay.  This video and technique really intrigued me.  Wouldn't it be amazing if I could make my own buttons in any color I desired...and what if I could make those buttons match the project I was working on?  I had to know more!  Christina mentioned that she found these molds at an Etsy shop called Mold Muse.  If you are looking for a mold, likely Mold Muse has it.  I found six different button molds and ordered four.  I received my order within just a few days and couldn't be more pleased.  I found a decent selection of Fimo and Sculpty at my local Joann's and as soon as the mold arrived I began making buttons.

These are three of the molds that I purchased.


These buttons were made with Sculpey III in 513 Purple.  I also mixed in a little black (042) to darken the purple just a bit.  The result is a near perfect match to Paperytrey's Royal Velvet paper, which is exactly what I was hoping for.


Thanks for reading!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS