Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

catching up

I have to admit that the last few months have been a bit hectic.  I keep thinking that things will slow down, but there is always something being added to the mix.  So, I'm just going to have to find more time to keep up with my card blogging.

Last weekend, I did escape to Ashland, Oregon, to attend my quarterly scrapbook retreat.  I've been going for several years now and I really try not to miss it.  However, I don't scrapbook there any more.  I mostly work on my cards.  To prepare for the weekend retreat, I prepped 20 card projects to take with me.  I felt fairly productive as I completed nearly all of them.

Here are a few photos of the card projects I completed.


I love the button card as the focal point of this card.  My inspiration for this card came from Dawn McVey's blogMy Favorite Things..

















For this card, instead of using card stock for the banner, I used an old atlas that I had.  I love the detail that the atlas pages add to the card.




This is a lunchbox note.  I love the idea of writing a little note to one of my children and slipping it in their lunch, backpack, or overnight bag.  So simple, yet so meaningful.  These little notecards open and have just enough space for a sweet little note.







Check back tomorrow (or maybe Sunday) for a few more card designs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS